Medical Education - India
India is known in the world for its doctors and it produces some of the world’s best, from reputable institutions in the country. Medical Council of India offers a large list of medical institutions in India. Admissions are based on the NEET Exam merit and Central / State Counseling. Admission is issued only after the counseling sessions.
Eligibility Criteria for Medical Admission in India:
- Above 17 years
- Below 25 years for General category
- Below 30 years for SC/ST category
Admission is strictly based on the prevailing Rules and Regulations of Medical Council of India – MCI
- Entrance Exams
- AIIMS Entrance Exams- All INDIA of Medical Science Entrance Exam
- NEET- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
- JIPMER- Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research
- The candidate willing to take admission in MBBS course in India must have passed the Class 12th examination with PCB 50% for general Category and 40% for Backward Category
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission.